Monday, April 28, 2008

Update

This is the email I sent out tonight:

I was released from the hospital Saturday, but Bruce is still in the hospital. He has been upgraded from the NICU to the IMC (intermediate care). He's made some pretty big improvements, but he's still having "episodes" where he drops his heartrate really low (brady's) and also the oxygenation in his blood drops (desats). His neo-natologist is optimistic that he'll be home by the end of the week, but likely will have to stay on monitors at home. Please continue to keep our family in your prayers, trips back and forth are becoming very tedious...it's also very hard not to have your baby at home with you.

We appreciate all the notes and emails and of course the continued prayers.

I'll try and update pictures tomorrow. It's hard to get on the computer since I spend my entire day at the hospital and don't leave until it closes and I don't have a computer there.

2 comments:

krazy karen said...

Thanks for the update...I pray this week speeds by, and brings baby Bruce home! Prayer are all around you. If there is anything we can do for you let us know, I know it can be very draining in many ways. Take Care!

Linda said...

Hi Allison...You did a good job...He is really cute...hoping you get him home really soon...
Love you Aunt Linda....or Great Aunt Linda