Sunday, April 20, 2008

My wonderful husband...

Just wanted to say I really have a wonderful husband! He has been so sweet with me sitting in my recliner all day! He spent yesterday working on getting things organized upstairs so that I wouldn't have to feel stressed about it. He's also been getting me everything I need, helping me out of the recliner every 10 minutes when I have to go to the bathroom and just generally being a good guy.

That all being said, I have absolutely NO idea how people do bedrest for extended periods of time! I'm going crazy and it's only been a week! It is better being here and not at the hospital, but it still stinks! I think it's worse because I don't feel sick or anything, but I have to stay in the chair all day! So wanna know why the hospital was worse? They were doing a urinalysis to determine the amount of protein in my urine to see if I had developed preeclampsia yet so every time I went to the bathroom I'd have to call the nurse and tell her so she could collect it. Do you have any idea how humiliating that is? I pick up the phone "excuse me, I just went to the bathroom again..." Yeah, that stunk. Especially because I drink about 4-5 liters of water a day (literally) which translates to lots of phone calls!

I supposedly have a doctor's appointment tomorrow...they never called me back last week despite three messages from me to tell me what time I'm supposed to come in. I went to my family practice doctor Friday because my ear was hurting really bad and with all my ear problems my whole life I was pretty sure I had an ear infection. I didn't, I have a blocked eustachian tube (exciting huh?) but that's beside the point. When I went in he told me I need to just hurry up and have this baby. His suggestion was before I go into the doctor Monday call someone who really aggravates me and then start flexing my muscles right before they take my blood pressure and I'll be having that baby Monday! That being said, you'll know where you stand if you get a call right before I go into the doctor on Monday! :-)

0 comments: