Monday, April 21, 2008

Bruce is coming tomorrow!

Looks like Bruce should be here by about 2:00 tomorrow! They're thinking my c-section will take place about 1:00 or 1:30 tomorrow (April 22). Happens to be taking place on my parent's 30th wedding anniversary! I got married the summer of their 25th so no big celebration that year and then I decided to overshadow their 30th with the birth of the first grandchild! What can I say, I like attention! :-)

I would appreciate everyone's prayers. I'm feeling pretty apprehensive about the whole thing. Mostly just the whole surgery part...I've had various surgeries in the past, but I would anticipate this one being just slightly different! I should never have started watching TLC, those shows have freaked me out...

To help you understand why I'm having a c-section...here goes. Went in today and "little" Bruce weighed in at 9 lbs. 14 oz. and that was even a little off because his head was too big to get an accurate measurement so she had to "fake" it a little. They're actually anticipating him to be even bigger! Can you imagine?? So between that and my sky high blood pressure (180/115) the doctor gave me the option of attempting induction or going for the c-section. Since I'm barely dilated to a 1 there were concerns on whether or not I was even ready to be induced. He was also concerned that I would start the whole labor process only to find out that his shoulders are too broad to get out or my blood pressure would get even worse and I'd have gone through labor and still end up with an emergency c-section. So while a c-section was not in my ideal plan, I'm okay with it.

I'll have Greg update tomorrow once Bruce has made his appearance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I've told you this before, but.... You're going to do GREAT! Can't wait to meet "little" Bruce!

Anonymous said...

I'm making two assumptions here -- one that you are still home and two that Dr. Hedges is your doctor. He is a GREAT surgeon and you are in good hands. And if it isn't him -- all the doctors at Seven Oaks are great.

My second c-section was scheduled and it was an amazing expereince. You'll do great and have an amazing baby Bruce to show for it.