Thursday, April 24, 2008

He's Here!!

He's here, he weighed in at 10 lbs. 10 oz! Wow! I sure am glad I didn't have to push him out! C-sections as it turns out really aren't that bad. The apprehension is far worse then the actual procedure. I'm walking around a bit now and not feeling too much like a hunchback.

This will be quick because I want to head back down to the NICU to see Bruce. Things are looking better. His breathing is getting better, we've had a few "heart" scares so he had an EKG yesterday that we're still waiting to hear back on. I've been slow to respond to phone calls and texts mostly just because I've been having a hard time and have really just wanted to spend time with Greg and Bruce. It's been very hard since I hadn't been able to even see Bruce. I did finally get to hold him this afternoon and will post pictures of all that. I'm in the process of uploading our pictures to our shutterfly account, but seeing as I'm on the hospital's slow wireless connection it will be a while before they're all up. I'll post the link once I have it all updated.

Continue to keep us both in your prayers. My blood pressure is still elevated and Bruce is still having a hard time regulating his breathing and with his weird heart accelerations it's pretty certain I'll be going home without him. That's a little more than I feel like I can handle right now so I'm just focusing on spending all my time with him while I'm here. Will update again later.

Thanks for all the prayers, thoughts, messages, etc. They really do mean a lot and I do love to get them even if I don't respond~ Allison

0 comments: