Thursday, October 11, 2007

Next week...

We have our first ultrasound next week. I'm excited and ready to see it already! I was supposed to have it this week, but then I switched doctors and the earliest they could get me in is next week. At this point I'm almost ten weeks! Crazy! I'm ready to hit that 12 week mark and be done with this stupid morning, noon, and night sickness!

I'm already starting to show a little which is crazy to me. I know everyone at work is like, "dang, Allison's gaining a lot of weight!" Oh well, they'll find out soon enough. After the ultrasound next week assuming everything is alright we'll start telling people. My mom's told a few of her friends and as you know, my sister's have told more than a few of their friends!

Speaking of sisters...please pray for Karen. She went out for Siggies and didn't make it. There's a new process this year where they pick half the girls and the other half are picked through random drawing. Kind of crazy...well she didn't make Siggies, but was invited to pledge DT. She was hesitant, but did the whole DT thing for a while...it just became too much. As we all know, they're not known for the most pleasant pledging process, but they took it a little too far with her. She became scapegoat for anything that went wrong...so she de-pledged day before yesterday. Any of you that know Karen, know that she is incredibly strong and can take almost all forms of harassment (hello, she has Lindsay and I for big sisters...). For her to de-pledge was a big thing. She feels good about it, but its still hard.

Also pray for my ultrasound next week. I'm just feeling really anxious. I'm not a terribly superstitious person, but I just feel like if I start telling people that I'm pregnant then its going to jinx my ultrasound. Wow, that sounds even dumber when I write it! Oh well, its the truth. That being said, pray that I'll have peace, and especially pray that everything goes well next Tuesday.

Next post will be about my very exciting camping trip where I truly demonstrated the fact that pregnant women are missing brain cells! You'll want to read that if you want some good dirt to make fun of me with later!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! We're praying for you! I've been praying for peace of mind for you all week so hopefully you're feeling it! I love how you write because it's just how you talk. I can hear your voice in my head!