Sunday, October 21, 2007

NEON...

I love our NEON group! Getting involved with that has been such a blessing in Greg and my lives. NEON is our church's small group for our youth. We're the freshmen NEON leaders with one other couple, who have also been a HUGE blessing in our life.

I was hesitant to get involved just because its such a big responsibility. Every time I leave I just feel so good. God's definitely put these people in my life to uplift me as much as I'm supposed to lead them! God is so good!

When we moved here we were so lonely! I joke a lot that nothing kills a marriage faster than living in Abilene and for Greg and I it was true. We were struggling with God, with our relationship with each other, just life in general! It was hard being SO lonely. Even our first year here in San Antonio was hard. We had my parents and we had an awesome church it was just hard figuring out where to get plugged in.

Our kids are so awesome! They were so excited for the baby and just excited to see us! Its so wonderful having that relationship with people. I mentioned our co-NEON leaders. I have to be honest, as much as I love the kids, our co-couple is definitely the best blessing of NEON. Getting to know them and having that new relationship in our l ives has been AWESOME.

Its been through leading this group that I feel myself growing so much stronger with God. Our sermon today was by our youth minister who did an incredible job. Basically do you want to be sitting in the chair next to God, or one of the other two sitting further away. I look at my parents and I never doubted which chair they sat in. I always viewed my parents sitting in that chair right next to God talking with him every day seeking His guidance in their lives. As we start this new chapter trying to lead a new life in this world its even more important to me that I'm sitting right there next to God so that when our child grows up they're sitting right there too.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a blessing! Who are the coleaders? I'm so glad yall are doing NEON!