Sunday, March 9, 2008

My crazy week...

So, this has been a crazy week. Started having contractions off and on and told the doctor at my appt. last Friday. I was told as long as there weren't more than six in an hour I would be fine. Didn't go to church Sunday, went to work Monday, didn't go to work Tuesday, worked 14 hours Wednesday, and by Thursday I felt terrible. Went to work in the morning and by lunch time I was having terrible pains in my stomach and back and I felt really nauseated. I was in the process of texting one of my previously pregnant friends (Carrie) to ask if I was just being paranoid, when a friend at work walked up and told me I looked bad and made me go down to the nurse at work.

The nurse then proceeds to freak me out telling me to call my doctor immediately from her office, which I do, and they tell me to come in within the next 1/2 hour. By this point I'm totally freaking out because I was just expecting everyone to tell me I was just being paranoid.

Well it all turned out okay. Just had a urinary tract infection, got some antibiotics, and feel TONS better now. It was just a bit crazy there for a while!

So, want to hear my pregnancy ditsy moment of the day? Today I get up all early and I'm proud of myself because then I can take my time getting ready for church. I take a particularly long shower and get out to hear Greg say...uh, did you know church starts in 5 minutes? Yeah, I totally forgot to "spring forward" so he rushed off to church and left me at home in my bathrobe. That's not even the best part of my ditsyness...a little later I take the towel off my head to brush through and fix my hair when I realize despite the fact that I took a 30 minute shower, I apparently never bothered to rinse the conditioner out of it! So back in the shower...so if any of you see me today, you can rest assured that I'm especially clean today!

One last question to leave you with: why is it that smoke detector batteries only go out at 3:00 AM and not like 5:00 in the evening? And why do smoke detectors that are plugged into the electricity system in the house EVER go out? Hmmmm...some of life's little mysteries! :-)

0 comments: