Friday, March 14, 2008

I'm carrying a fetus midget...

Well not really, or at least they haven't proven it yet. I had my regular appointment today and I'm now measuring 3.5 - 4 weeks ahead. I didn't even gain any weight between my last two appointments so at least I didn't just feel fat! I'm currently at a little over 32 weeks so that puts me quite a bit ahead...if it's right. I go again in two weeks and they're going to do an ultrasound to see just how big this baby is. Since Greg was adopted when he was two we don't have any records of his birth or anything. He lived with a foster family starting at 6 months so that's the earliest information that we have. The doctor asked me today if either of us had been big babies, and I wasn't and like I said we don't know about Greg. I will say, Greg has the biggest head of anyone I know so if that's any indication then I'm beginning to wish I'd married someone else! Just kidding...mostly. :-)

Also, looks like I'm going to be on my fourth doctor. My current doctor was diagnosed with breast cancer so they're going to be assigning me to someone else. So let's see: I started with Dr. 1, but the practice itself drove me nuts. The staff was always disorganized and rude so I switched to a friend's doctor. Dr. 2 decided she wanted to be a full time mom after I'd met with her twice so I switched to Dr. 3 who just got diagnosed with breast cancer. I feel like I should warn my next doctor that having me as a patient is apparently a curse! Oh well, what are you going to do? At first they thought she'd be back in time to deliver me, but if I'm really this far ahead or even if I'm not, they're not so sure she'll be back. That being said, please keep her and her family in your prayers (Dr. Heck). She's not very old, and I would guess this has been a pretty big shock!

Finally, want to brag on my husband for a second. He has so far made A's on every test he's taken. Three of them he had the highest grade in the class! He's worked harder this semester than I think I did in all four years of college and I'm REALLY proud of him! Just wanted y'all to know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

4 Doctors! That is pretty crazy! We love reading your blog and laughing out loud. So keep the posts coming, okay? P.S. We're proud of Greg too! -misty

Anonymous said...

I am sure you have been in the office to notice -- but I thought you might like to know (just in case) that they have started a "Hope for Heidi" team for The Race For The Cure. http://rfcsa.convio.net/site/TR/Race/General?pg=team&fr_id=1050&team_id=26320