Thursday, February 7, 2008

Let the nesting begin...

So, first off, I really like "..." a lot...I noticed that when I was reading back through my blog. Now all of you who never noticed are going to be seeing that every time you read. :-)

So anyway, let the nesting begin. I didn't really believe that happened! I hoped, but didn't believe. I'm probably the worst housekeeper on earth...or at least close to it. My mother-in-law even told me that! Okay, not in those words, but we'll be talking about something and on more than one occasion she's said, "it's okay, I know you're not domestic." At the time, I got my feathers ruffled a little, but it doesn't really bother me that much. Mostly because, well...it true!

I even pay someone to come every other week just to do the things I never want to do (clean the showers, vacuum, etc.). I know, it's sad. So anyway, I've been working from home a lot this week since I'm finally done with my training class and I haven't had any meetings. It's been really nice and for breaks I'm actually doing housework instead of watching Law and Order or something. I can't even begin to tell the you the amount of laundry I've done. I've been sorting clothes like there's no tomorrow. It's actually kind of liberating! I was starting to feel overwhelmed by all that needed to happen before Little Bruce makes his appearance but that's diminishing as I get stuff done. We're having the carpets cleaned tomorrow so our house can stop smelling like dog. I have to say, I'm pretty excited!

Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with all the Christmas decorations taking up Little Bruce's closet. I mean, it's not like we've even put them up for the past two years, but I'd like to think at some point we'll quit being lazy and put them up! I did put up the Christmas village that my MIL gave me...it's one of my very favorite Christmas decorations. The sad part is: it's still up!! I told Greg yesterday he really needed to get that box out for me so I could put it all away, and you know what he said? "Oh, it's not that Christmas-y, we could just leave it up!" Okay, so now you know, the non-domestic stuff is not completely limited to just me! Two "messies" should never marry. That's going to be one of my two rules that I teach my kids when looking for a spouse. Number one: "Never marry someone who cheats in games...you don't know what else he/she cheats at." (that one's from my mom) Number two: "If you're a "messy" make sure and marry someone who is OCD."

I'm going to sign off having given you my words of wisdom for the day. I go for the gestational diabetes test tomorrow...not terribly excited about drinking sugared up Sunny D and getting my blood drawn, but I guess I'll survive!

0 comments: