Saturday, February 2, 2008

It's a long one...

So this weekend was our ladies retreat and as always it was a very interesting, fun, tiring weekend! It's always a time for me to reflect on myself and where I see my life. It's things like this that 1) remind me of things I need to work on and 2) make me restless. First off, I hate that I'm negative. Ironic that I "hate" it right? I know, bad joke. Someone will say something and instead of the 50 nice things I think about that subject, I spit out the one bad one. It frustrates me because that's rarely indicative of my true feelings on the subject. So that's my lesson from this weekend that I'm going to work harder on saying positive things I think about rather than the one negative (don't get me wrong, my blog will still be negative and sarcastic...I mean I need one outlet right?).

The second one is that I feel restless. I think my parents forever changed me by living overseas. We've always been a pretty international family with my dad being from South Africa and spending time there and having my grandmother spend time with us. My first overseas trip was at the ripe old age of 6 months. Then we lived in Germany for 6 years as well. I love Texas...I always have...I just tend to love it more when I live somewhere else. Does that make sense? Maybe not to those of you who haven't lived far away from what you consider home. Texas will always be home, but I'm restless. I'm ready to explore. I want to live somewhere new, do something exciting, make a change. Now, it's not likely to happen. At least not soon, but I can dream. If I could get a job in Australia I'd pick up and leave tomorrow! Man, I want to move there. Being on the retreat caused some introspection on my part and really reminded me how homesick I am for change. What a strange concept, to be nostalgic for change. I never would have thought of myself that way, but I've been here two and a half years and that's a long time to me. I know, I know, you're all thinking...hello, she's about to have HUGE change in about 3 more months.

I'm okay with that change. Don't get me wrong, I'm scared...really scared. But I'm excited! It's change! And it's going to be hard, but I'm okay with that too. Little Bruce really liked the singing on the retreat and would always get really excited when it started. As he was moving around everywhere it all started becoming more real...there's actually a PERSON inside me! How incredible is God?? I mean, we GROW people! He's a little human being that's going to grow up and forever make a change in this world!

Speaking of how amazing God is...here's what the power of your prayers for my friend have done. Misty is now a medical miracle! I won't go into all the details because I've heard it a few times now and every time I do it kind of grosses me out. :-) Basically...she coughed up her cyst. Now, I didn't know this, but apparently that doesn't happen. They asked the doctor if that was normal and he was pretty much astounded...he'd never heard of it happening before! So she no longer needs surgery and the cyst is gone! Hallelujah!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to have been in a small group with you and yes! you are in for the greatest change of your life =) It's certianly a trip even if you aren't actually moving somewhere. Praise God for Misty's miracle!