Thursday, February 21, 2008

Blast from the Past...and prophetic dreams!

So first off, update on the Christmas village. For all you inquiring minds...it has been put back in it's box and put away. I know all you "Monica's" (Friends reference...) were wanting to come over and take it down for me, but I'll have you know we got it put away!

Next, my blast from the past. So last week (or week before...they all run together) we hear the doorbell ring and there's a package from Target on the front porch. Well we figure out it's my stroller (okay, not mine so much as little Bruce's, although a stroller for me might be kind of fun!) and we're trying to figure out who it's from because the only people who I could think of that would send me that nice of a gift and have it shipped would be someone in Greg's family and none of them even knew about my shower yet.

So we're searching through it to find the card and up flashes a name that I really didn't expect! One of my friends from high school (yes, HIGH SCHOOL!) sent it to me! So for those of you who lived in one small town all your life and still know everyone you grew up with this probably wouldn't be that surprising to you. My high school experience was a little different. Most of you know I went to high school in Germany and it was a very fluid group of people. People came in, people moved out...it was the way life was! I have maintained a "Facebook" relationship with this friend, but never in a million years would I have expected this. I was so touched that I wanted to write about it on my blog. Well then today she informs me that she reads my blog...so now I'm just sucking up! JK I was planning on writing this for a while, but sitting down to type has eluded me lately.

Tomorrow is my 3d/4d ultrasound. I'll post pics afterwards. I'm super excited, Greg and Mom are coming with me so we can see him bouncing all around. I keep having dreams that he's really a girl so I'm excited to make sure he's still a he. A couple different people made a big deal out of the dreams telling me maybe I'm having prophetic dreams...well my response to that is...I've had dreams that I'm gestating a cat, that I'm gestating and alien, and my favorite, that I'm gestating 50 gerbils. So if those are prophetic too, I'm in for a bumpy ride! 'Til tomorrow...or maybe Saturday!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand your "fears" that he's really a she. The first thing I asked when Skyler was born is if she was a girl (even though I had obvious ultrasounds to prove it).