Thursday, March 8, 2012

Small towns...

Raise your hand if you've ever lived in a small Texas town.  I thought I had...I mean, I lived in Abilene for five years...that's a small Texas town, right?  Um, it's not.  If your town has a fast food restaurant in it, you are not a small Texas town.

Want to know what we have here in Cherokee?  Let me tell you.  We have: 3 churches, 1 school campus (elementary, middle, and high school), a feed store, a very old gas station (um, no pay at the pump here!), a post office, a roadside BBQ "restaurant" (and by restaurant I mean two picnic tables outside a tiny building...), Sue's General Store that also serves lunch (and is VERY good!), and the creme de la creme...a single flashing yellow light.

It's cute. It's quaint.  And if you need something you can drive 15 miles and hit up the big city of Llano or San Saba (population of about 3,000).  I'm not going to lie...we have already driven to Llano for Chicken Express (multiple times).

To describe it as Greg described it: "I have more Facebook friends than there are people who live in Cherokee, TX."

2 comments:

KClevenger said...

Allison, I am so excited to see what God has in store for your family through this new adventure! Keep bloggin' so we can keep reading!

Tara said...

Loving these glimpses!