Thursday, October 21, 2010

We have a name!

Her name will now be:

Bethany Gray

We're excited about it.  We realized later that means they'll both have the same initials, just different orders.  (Gregory Bruce).  Elizabeth is my maternal grandmother's middle name and Gray is my paternal great-grandmother's maiden name.

I just wasn't sold on the Nora "Nibe" part.  I loved "Beth" and it's always been one of my favorite names, but Greg said we can't name her Beth because we know someone named Beth.  I reminded him of his flawed logic given the name of our son, but apparently that's different.

I'm heading to bed, it's been a long couple of weeks of getting Bruce to go to sleep.  We went from having the "put him in bed, sing a song, close the door and he sleeps 12 hours" child to the "screams in his bed, doesn't sleep more than a few hours, sometimes climbs out" child.  It has NOT been fun.  It all started with those stupid molars.  I think we're finally making headway, but bedtime is definitely far from an easy process.  It's been taking around an hour to hour and a half to get him to sleep and naps have been about 20-30 minutes.  He whines all the time that he's tired, but he just won't sleep.  We put up blackout curtains and a noise maker/night light in his room.  That helped last night so hopefully it will continue.  We were contemplating moving him to his big boy bed, but now we're just waiting.  I told Greg, worse comes to worse, I'm fine with buying another crib for baby #2, I need sleep! :-)

Any suggestions/ recommendations/ commiserating is welcome.

3 comments:

Tara said...

No suggestions on the sleeping issue, but I can definitely say we've been through it--and luckily it did come to an end.

I love, love Bethany Gray! Also love that it is a tribute to your grandmothers.

Me and My Boys said...

GREAT name!

Amber said...

Hey Allison, i love the name. we had the same issues with Ayelan (i also didn't want to buy another bed) and it did eventually get better. one night i remember putting her back in bed 32 times before she stayed. they were just one right after another. the second kid was much easier because she wanted to sleep back there with big sister. and, i got a night like that tells them when to get up and when to go to bed. its called "Good Nite Lite" if you want to look at it. i hope it gets better soon, i know how miserable that can be, i dreaded bed time for a while. we would even put up a baby gate and let her scream, lol, we were desperate :) sorry about the test, that stinks, but glad your doing good! amber