Friday, September 17, 2010

Dr. Appt. Update

Went to the dr this morning.  Had a nice long chat with Dr. Askew about both the pregnancy and her financial planning.  I teased her as I was leaving that I don't usually go to the dr. to give advice! :-)

Based on my last U/S I was measuring nine days ahead, she decided that was accurate and changed my due date.  She also changed my status to high risk due to my humongous babies!  She said she'll schedule my c-section at 39 weeks assuming everything keeps going well.  That puts me at around March 2nd.  If this baby gets super big that might change that date.  She said she'll probably schedule the c-section either March 2nd, 3rd, or 4th.  I told her I'm fine with any of those, but if we can somehow swing it so Misty and I are there at the same time, that would be pretty fun! (Misty being my friend here in SA who's only a few weeks behind me, but pregnant with TWINS!)

She mentioned that its time to start gaining weight.  So far, all I've done is lose weight.  I've NEVER been told to gain weight...how fun! :-)  If only I felt like eating more, the gaining would be easier.  I did tell her I'd been having really bad vertigo and she asked if I'd called the office to ask for medication.  I told her I honestly hadn't even thought about it!  I grew up with parents that would tell you "oh you'll be fine" when you could see organs hanging out...I just figured it would go away.  She prescribed me some medication to help with that and also told me to STOP all my other meds.  WOO HOO!!!  I'm so done with all of the other meds. 

Basically, it was a great visit and I'm having a great birthday so far!  Oh, and the best part...I get to have my anatomy scan three weeks from today!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Glad that baby is doing well! Hope you have a great bday!

Anonymous said...

Speaking from experience, March 2 is a great birthday! :)

Tara said...

Happy B-day and glad to hear the great baby news!