Friday, July 23, 2010

Houston we have a heartbeat!

Yippee!  Thanks to those of you who sent notes and texts and calls.  I really appreciated it!  I wasn't trying to be cryptic, there were just some problems with my hormone levels that caused Dr. Askew to be concerned about the viability of the baby.  Today's ultrasound was really important to determine next steps and make sure the baby was still viable.

That being said, baby was great, measuring a little smaller than originally thought, but other than that just great!  Heart rate was 132, and my hormone levels seem to be responding to the medicines I'm taking.  I will continue taking a few different medicines through at least the 1st trimester and some to continue through 20 weeks.  And I should also note there was only ONE baby in there! :-)  I was a little worried since I seem to be showing a lot more this time than last and I was taking fertility medications...

Thanks again to everyone.  I know there are so many of you who have been praying for us as we got to this stage in our journey.

2 comments:

Claire & Eden said...

Such great news!! Continued prayers for everyone's health! I showed WAY early with Eden - wore maternity pants at like 7-8 weeks and barely fit in a bridesmaid dress at 9 weeks!! I kind of liked it because I felt pregnany a lot earlier that way =)

krazy karen said...

Praise the Lord!!! Great news!!! Will continue to pray!!!
And by the fourth one you will start to show months before you even get pregnant :)