Thursday, July 10, 2008

Almost two weeks down...

So, I never posted how work was going. Being back at work is kind of fun. I mean, for the most part I like working and I really like who I work with. I have a very nice boss who made my transition back to work very smooth and we have a very awesome friend who watches Bruce which makes things so much better.

So, to tell you a little about our rockstar nanny (she says it sounds more sophisticated than "babysitter" ha ha) here goes. Her name's Malinda and my family has known them for a LONG time...I guess we became good friends with them when I was in 4th grade. They went to Oak Hills with us and when we moved to a new house we were just a neighborhood over from them. Our school bus went by their house so whenever we'd see my mom's car there (at least a few days a week...) we'd get off the bus there and hang out with them for the afternoon. They were also my first babysitting job. She has four kids, three of which are now in college with the youngest going into 11th grade.

She's a super awesome CRAZY lady. Here's a funny story about their family that we were retelling the other day. First, my mom (who is also a "super awesome CRAZY" lady) has had two kitchen fires (well one very near kitchen fire and one grease fire). When my mom caught the kitchen on fire my sisters and I were in the other room and heard it happening and went in to see it...my dad comes running through with the fire extinguisher yelling at us to get out of the house. Okay, flash forward some forgotten amount of time. Malinda leaves a tupperware dish on the stove with the burner on and it catches fire. We're at her house and she calls all the kids in to look at it! No "run outside" business...she wanted us to get to see it! I then tell her about putting flour on it that I'd just learned in girl scouts (she did already know that little trick, but she humored me into letting me be the know it all that I was, ahem, am...). She then dumps the ENTIRE thing of flour onto the fire. Tom (her husband) said there was so much flour in there he was sure we'd stopped midway to go pick up more at the grocery store!

She's also an incredibly strong Christian woman! Her oldest son has Cystic Fibrosis and she has been so strong about it. She knows she can't control it and it's all in God's hands. Her having dealt with this also made me so relieved to put Bruce in her care. I knew that she wouldn't be freaked out by his monitor and that she would definitely be in control if a medical emergency happened.

She takes him around town, and texts me when he does cute stuff, and posts pictures of him of Facebook! She truly loves him and is such a blessing to us!

Here are some of her pictures:
First her family (the little girl at the bottom is a cousin...):

Bruce showing off his muscles:
Here's Bruce smiling looking just like Greg:

She also took some more cute ones today of Bruce with her father in law. It should be mentioned that Bruce has also won over "Bapa's" heart. He fed him his bottle today and wants to hold him all the time. SUPER CUTE! I'll post those pics once she gets them off the camera.

Finally, please keep them in your prayers. Her oldest son is in the hospital right now. He's had his fair share of hospital visits, and it looks like this one isn't a super serious one, but no one wants to be in the hospital... Pray for a speedy recovery for him so he can head back to Abilene!

0 comments: