Tuesday, June 10, 2008

God totally answers prayers!

I have been SO stressed about finding a place for Bruce to go when I go back to work in three weeks. It has not been a fun experience trying to figure out what to do. We went and checked out daycares and had actually picked the one we were going to go with. After visiting I got back in the car and just started bawling. I didn't want to post all my stuff on here because obviously there are many different viewpoints on mom's working. In our case it's really the best thing for our family, but it doesn't make it any less difficult for me. There's definitely a level of guilt that accompanies a working mom, but I do know that for right now I'm doing what's best for my family.

Anyway, Greg and I have both been praying very hard that the right thing would come along. Last night I posted my "status" on Facebook as being stressed about finding somewhere for Bruce to go when I go back in three weeks. Then this morning I get a call from a long time family friend who saw that on Facebook and wants to watch my son! I'm still getting goosebumps from it! She has four kids, three of which are now in college. She's nutty, and crazy, and wonderful. Best of all she'll love him almost as much as I do...as close as she can without being his mother. She's that kind of person. God is so good!

Also an answered pray although not as fervent...we've now discovered the "happiest place on earth" for Bruce...okay second happiest. First happiest is, of course, with me! :-) Second happiest is in his new swing. The video speaks for itself...well not so much for itself...I mean I guess I had to speak for it...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for the swing!

Claire & Eden said...

Praise God!! So glad things worked out for child care and you feel so at ease about it even though it's still hard.

Tara said...

SO glad that it is all working out!