Saturday, December 15, 2007

It's A...

BOY!!

We're really excited! We were hoping for a boy...it sounds like fun to me! I mean, I only have sisters...Plus, we're naming him after Greg and my dad so that's really special to us too. Most of you know, Greg was adopted as a toddler so no one really knows who he's named after. We decided a long time ago that we would name our son after him so we could start our own family tradition. His name will be Gregory Bruce. Bruce is after my dad. All three of us (my sisters and I) were supposed to be named after him, but obviously that didn't happen! My dad is named after his dad and went by "little Bruce" so that's what our son will be..."little Bruce." It's weird that our son is now our son and not "it" anymore. I definitely cried when the ultrasound lady told us.

She wasn't sure she was going to be able to tell since little Bruce didn't want to play nice. I'd been feeling all the kicks and movement WAY down in my pelvis and not in my belly at all. Pretty much every time he kicks I have to pee...exciting huh? Well there is a point to telling you that...little Bruce is basically as far down as he can get. They had to do the "special" ultrasound to get his head measurements. Those of you that have had the "special" one know what I'm talking about...no need to say it and freak my sisters out! Anyway, she measured and determined he's less than an inch from my bladder, woo hoo! She laughed saying he probably won't drop, because if he does I'll be in labor! Ha ha, yeah, I didn't think it was that funny!

So...here's a picture!

IT'S A BOY! The two "bubbles" are butt cheeks and you can guess what's between 'em!

Well, like I said, we're really excited. He has ten fingers and ten toes and everything's measuring right on cue. Placenta looks good, cord looks good, no spina bifida, etc. We decided not to go with the quad screen because well, as excited as I was to know the sex, all that other stuff freaks me out. We'd rather deal with that once he's here if we have to! I hope you all have a WONDERFUL weekend!

P.S. Blogger hates me and won't let me change the color back to the way its supposed to be...boooooo! Oh, and I decided I needed a new template since he's a boy...

2 comments:

Amber said...

Congratulations you two!! yes a boy will be lots of fun, not that i really know, but i think he will be :) I hope that you are feeling good and everything. miss y'all! amber

Anonymous said...

Yeah! So glad to see the picture! Love the name and it's a really sweet story behind it. Neil on the other hand refuses to name our son after my dad even though I love the name... oh well! We might not ever have to discuss that.