Monday, December 3, 2007

Houston, we've got movement!

Well its official...I'm finally feeling the baby move. Starting about Saturday afternoon I've been feeling little kicks and such in my lower belly. Every time I call Greg over though little Leroy (ask Tim...) stops moving. Since we already know its ADD we just chalk it up to the fact that hearing my voice distracts he/she.

Speaking of he/she...less than two weeks! I'm really excited to find out. I can appreciate the people who wait til they hear "its a boy...its a girl", but I'm not one of them. Its amazing how many people think they get a say in whether or not you find out though! Don't worry, if you're reading this blog, you're not one of them! Unless I've gained some mysterious new readers, I know who reads and I'm not talking about you. Its the pushy people who feel like all of the sudden because of their rudeness I'm going to change my mind. As it turns out, lots of people think they have a say in all sorts of things regarding pregnancy. For example: working moms, breastfeeding, and various other controversial subjects.

Most people know, I'm only slightly opinionated (yeah right!) and yet I don't remember telling any of my pregnant friends how they should raise their children...I don't know...maybe its a rite of passage once you have a baby yourself. Don't get me wrong, I need so much help its not even funny. Advice I appreciate, scrutiny not so much. Speaking of advice, those with babies, I will be calling on you soon. Registering is overwhelming and reading books scares me. I'm learning about all kinds of things that happen during labor...most of which I'd rather pretend I don't know. Can't they just knock me out and send me home with a baby??

In case you thought I was going to gripe the whole time...I am FINALLY feeling better. I haven't puked in over a week! That's major! Also, thanks to my awesome seamstress of a mother in law we have all the baby bedding done! Speaking of in laws...after they left seems to be about the time the nausea went away...coincidence?? Hmmmm.... JK

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling better... Hey! I created a list of registry things that I loved and things i could do without. I'll send it to you so maybe it'll help. Also some labor advice... don't worry it's not that bad! It's all worth it - just keep telling yourself that! Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or girl!