Thursday, January 20, 2011

33 weeks and friend's new blog

Whelp, I had my 33 week appt today.  Things went SUPER well! Blood pressure was completely normal!  Who'd have thought? I was super happy and so was Dr. Askew.  I also had an ultrasound before my appointment to see how big "baby Beff" is (how Bruce refers to her).  She's apparently not wanting to be shown up by her big brother.  She weighed in at 6.5 lbs...and she's breech and I still have technically 7 weeks to go.  The breech part is no big deal since I'm having a csection anyway...it just explains A LOT in terms of what I'm feeling.  It also explains the enormous amount of pressure I'm feeling and why its so dang hard to bend over.  The 6.5 lb part is pretty par for the course for my babies, but still...yeah.

Dr. Askew said as of now she wants to let me go to 39 weeks.  I did then remind her that Bruce was almost 11 lbs at 37 weeks and told her I did not want to be setting any new San Antonio records for huge babies.  She laughed and agreed that we could consider going earlier if we needed to.  That being said, I am officially on the calendar for a c-section March 2nd.  I like March 2nd, the birth date being: 3-2-11.  Kind of fun.  I think I might not be so fond of it in a few weeks...may be thinking a date starting with a "2" sounds a lot better!  Oh well, we'll just see how it goes.  I also showed her the picture of my "hotdog feet" from my blog back in the day.  That was only a few days away from where I am now...and I am no where near that this time!  Yay!  Overall, a great day and great appt.

In other news, my friend from high school started this fun blog: http://dinnerparties101.com/.  She has lots of cute ideas for dinner parties, decorations, food and such.  I'm excited to see where it goes.  She also has a fun giveaway for you wine drinkers out there.  Feel free to go look around!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Allison!! I very much appreciate you linking my website. You have made my day.