Monday, May 7, 2012

Who goes to children's homes?

Are the children here just the throw away kids that no one could take care of? Unequivocally no.  I feel extremely passionate about this.  The majority (as in I can't think of any that aren't, but maybe I'm forgetting) are kids who were dealt lots in life they didn't deserve.  Most are suffering the sins of their parents.  There are SO many hurting children in this world...and quite a few just down the road from you.  While I think international adoption is a great thing and something necessary as well, I hope people don't forget that there are so many hurting children just a few miles from you.

Some of our children are up for adoption, some are not.  Some of our children are state placed, some are privately placed.  They come from all races, all economic classes, divorced homes and married homes and various locations.  Everyone is hurting in some way.  I'm not talking the "my mom said I couldn't wear this shirt and hurt my feelings."  No, this is more the "my mom decided I wasn't important enough and instead of taking care of my most basic needs went and bought drugs instead."  We have kids who have endured abuse and neglect.  But you know what, they're still kids.  They're kids who have dreams about going to college, becoming dentists, becoming engineers...and mostly finding people who just want to love them.  Again, these are NOT throw away kids.  I hope you find some motivation to support the kids here or somewhere else there's a need.  As Christians we need to be the ones showing these kids there are people in this world who are willing to love them, encourage them, pray for them, hug them...

0 comments: